Saturday, September 5, 2015

Recovery Workout 9/4/2015

I have on the “shelf” for about the past 1½  weeks due to a virus that was causing me fatigue, accompanied with fever, headaches and body aches. While your body is in a state of distress when you are sick it is always recommended that you avoid intense physical activity. You want to have all of your body’s resources going into your recovery.


I was feeling well enough this morning to get moving again and perform a quick routine. My kettle bell was the tool of choice and I did a short but effective workout.


I started out by placing the kettle bell deeper back that normal in the deadlift start position. Reaching back and grabbing the handle, then holding the position for about 10 seconds making adjustments to my posture was corrective and needed since I spend a good amount of time this past week either sitting or lying down. I did this about 3-4 times


I performed 3 sets of 10 deadlifts with the kettle bell. I then checked in with the swing by performing 10 sets of 1. The set of 1 allowed me to ensure that the hike and initial drive was powerful and 10 sets was enough to make any corrections i felt were needed. I then did some conditioning work doing 5 sets of 12 swings with 30 seconds rest in between. keeping each swing powerful this was much more taxing than I anticipated.


I procrastinated but I got moving and am happy I did, hopefully I can find some rhythm and flow in the upcoming week.


Details:


Deadlift Postural Hold: 3-4 sets 10 seconds each


Kettle Bell Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 @ 24kg(54lbs)


Kettle Bell Swing: 10 sets of 1 (10-15 seconds rest) @ 24kg(54lbs)

Kettle Bell Swing: 5 sets of 12 (30 seconds rest) @ 24kg(54lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment